Kindly note that the ongoing Fully Funded Generation Google Scholarship For Nigerians in USA 2023/24 is still accepting applications from Nigerians, African and International students who wants to study on scholarship in the US.
The Generation Google Scholarship For international students is a one time opportunity for qualified students who have plans to study abroad with the best minds in the US.
The Generation Google Scholarship was created to assist students seeking computer science degrees in excelling in the profession and becoming leaders.
For the 2023-2024 school year, selected students will earn $10,000 USD (for students studying in the United States) or $5,000 CAD (for students studying in Canada).
The Generation Google Scholarship will be given based on the strength of each candidate’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, demonstrated leadership, and academic excellence.
Students who meet all of the program’s minimum requirements are strongly encouraged to apply
Especially those who identify with historically underrepresented groups in the technology industry, such as women, Africans, black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, American Indian, and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander and more.
For the 2023/24 academic year, applicants are not required to be enrolled in an Associates, Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program if you consist or are applicants of one of the Google Scholarships listed below:
- Generation Google Scholarship
- Generation Google Scholarship: for women in gaming,
- Generation Google Scholarship: for supply chain and fulfillment,
- Google Lime Scholarship,
- Google Student Veterans of America Scholarship,
- Women Techmakers Scholarship for Computer Science, and
- Women Techmakers Scholarship for Gaming are not eligible to reapply.
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be considered:
- For the 2023-2024 academic year, intend to enroll in or be accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an approved institution or college in the United States or Canada.
- Be pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a technical field closely connected to it.
- Show that you have a strong academic record.
- Demonstrate that you have a financial necessity.
- Demonstrate leadership and a commitment to enhancing marginalized groups’ representation in computer science and technology.
The procedure for submitting an application for the Generation Google Scholarship For Nigerians in USA 2023/24
You will be required to fill out an online application that includes the following information:
- Background information in general (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Information about the family and the home
- Academic transcripts from both your current and previous colleges (if you are presently enrolled) (if you have earned a prior degree)
- Answers to three essay questions with short answers
- Recipients will be chosen based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials in comparison to the rest of the candidate pool or their academic contemporaries (e.g. high school students compared to other high school students).
- Essay Questions:
The three short answer essay questions below are intended to assess your demonstrated leadership, commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and financial need. Each response to the three questions below should be 500 words or less.
1) Please give us one example of how you have exhibited leadership.
Explain what you were trying to achieve, your role, how you influenced others, and the impact as a result of your actions.
Think broadly and examine the many ways you are having an effect on the members of the different communities you are a part of.
Keep in mind, the example you choose does not need to be a formal or traditional leadership role.
2) What is a significant challenge that impacts historically excluded groups in the field of technology and what do you believe is the root cause of this challenge?
What actions have you taken to address this challenge?
Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales.
Please focus at least half of your response on the actions you have taken.
3) Describe any financial circumstances affecting your need for a scholarship.
In your answer be sure to describe any obstacles you have overcome to get to where you are today.
What goals will this scholarship enable you to accomplish?
IMPORTANT: Before starting the application, please have the following ready for upload:
- PDF copy of your resume (if applicable, please include leadership positions, extracurricular activities, and diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts on your resume)
- PDF copy of your current or most recent transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- PDF copy of your three short answer responses
Terms and Condition
Tuition, fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for the students’ classes at their primary university must be paid with the Generation Google Scholarship award.
Scholarship recipients must be full-time students for the academic year 2023-2024.
Before the winners are chosen, their enrollment will be verified, and all scholarship payments will be delivered directly to the student to be used for tuition and other educational expenditures.
A parent or guardian must sign these scholarship award terms and conditions if the student is under the age of 18 at the time of acceptance.
Any scholar who no longer fulfills the eligibility conditions will have their award withheld, and any scholar who does not maintain the eligibility requirements will have their award revoked.
Google will send instructions on how to get the honor to those who have been chosen.
If these steps are not completed by the deadline, awardees will be disqualified from earning the award.
On a case-by-case basis, recipients may defer their award for up to one (1) year from the time of initially planned payment, as determined by Google.
Employees at Google are not eligible for Google scholarships.
This scholarship is not open to anyone who are (1) inhabitants of embargoed countries, (2) normally residing in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise restricted by relevant export controls and sanctions programs.
Application deadline: Application deadline was not specified, so its important you apply as soon as possible
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page for further information. Please send an email to [email protected] if you have any special questions.
We’re pleased to answer any questions on the Generation Google Scholarship, but we won’t be able to answer any other questions.
Spam, barrage messages, or messages that are primarily offensive or exploitative in nature will not be responded to.