Djibouti is a country located in the Horn of Africa. Eritrea borders it to the north, Ethiopia to the west and south, and Somalia to the southeast. The country also has a coastline along the Gulf of Aden to the east, which gives it access to the Red Sea and the Arabian Peninsula.
Djibouti is a small country with a land area of about 23,200 square kilometers, making it about the same size as the state of Massachusetts in the United States. The capital of Djibouti is also called Djibouti.
Djibouti Free Visa Countries
According to the Djibouti Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Djibouti passport holders can travel visa-free or obtain a visa on arrival to the following countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
Note that this list is subject to change, and it is always recommended to check with the embassy or consulate of the country you plan to visit for the most up-to-date information on visa requirements.
You may also like
Benefits Of Djibouti Passport
There are several benefits of holding a Djiboutian passport. Here are a few:
- Visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to a number of countries: As mentioned earlier, Djiboutian passport holders are able to travel visa-free or obtain a visa on arrival to a number of countries around the world. This makes it easier for Djiboutian citizens to travel internationally.
- Access to consular protection: As a Djiboutian citizen, you are entitled to seek assistance from Djibouti’s embassies and consulates if you are abroad and need help.
- Right to work and study abroad: Djiboutian citizens have the right to work and study abroad in countries that allow it.
- Right to vote: Djiboutian citizens can participate in their country’s democratic processes by voting in elections.
- Right to own property: Djiboutian citizens have the right to own property in the country.
- Right to travel within the country: Djiboutian citizens can move freely within the country and choose where they live.