As a Kid and Youth Laborer, you will assume a significant part in offering help, direction, and support for youngsters and teenagers confronting different difficulties.
You will collaborate closely with young people to help them develop their social, emotional, and behavioral skills.
Area: Halifax, NS
Pay: 51,835.54 yearly/80 hours fortnightly
Terms of business Term or agreement (finishing: 2025-01-27): Full time Day, Night, Night, Weekend, Shift, Extra time, Early Morning, Morning
Begin date: Begins when 2024-01-29 to 2025-01-27
Benefits: Medical advantages, Monetary advantages, Long haul benefits, Different advantages
Opening Available: 1
School, CEGEP or other non-college testament or confirmation from a program of 1 year to 2 years
or a comparable experience is needed
Experience a resource
- Work site climate
- Youngster government assistance
- Early intercession programming for in danger youth
- Youth administrations
- Work setting
- Bunch home
- Work in manager’s/client’s home
- Youngsters’ administrations office
- Assemble positive and strong associations with youngsters and youth in instructive, private, or local area settings.
- Survey and address conduct, close to home, or social difficulties through individual or gathering intercessions.
- Give directing, coaching, and emergency intercession depending on the situation, guaranteeing the security and prosperity of the people.
- Team up with families, guardians, social laborers, and different experts to create and execute support plans.
- Plan and work with sporting, instructive, or restorative exercises focused on ability advancement and social coordination.
- Keep up with nitty gritty records of client associations, progress, and results.
- Four year college education or recognition in Kid and Youth Work, Social Work, Brain science, or a connected field.
- Significant involvement with childcare, youth administrations, or working with weak populaces.
- Solid correspondence, relational, and compromise abilities.
- Sympathy, persistence, and the capacity to lay out compatibility with youthful people confronting difficulties.
- Information on kid improvement, social administration procedures, and emergency intercession systems.
- Tasks include gathering data and compiling reports or case histories.
- Administrative and office activities include implementing life skills workshops.
- Clients’ relevant skill strengths and development needs are evaluated. Food preparation is another task. Provide suicide and crisis intervention. Resolve conflict situations. Supervise activities of clients living in group homes and half-way houses. Supervise children’s visits with parents to ensure their safety. Implement behavior management programs. Maintain program statistics for evaluation and research. Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of treatment programs. Assist
apply to this work if:
- You are a Canadian resident, a long-lasting or an impermanent inhabitant of Canada.
- You are authorized to work in Canada.
- In the event that you are not approved to work in Canada, don’t have any significant bearing. The firm won’t answer your application.
Step by step instructions to apply
The most effective method to apply guidelines
This is the very thing that you should remember for your application:
- Introductory letter or cover letter
This occupation posting incorporates screening questions. Kindly response the accompanying inquiries while applying:
- Might it be said that you are free for shift or ready to come in case of an emergency work?
- Is it true or not that you are presently legitimately ready to work in Canada?
- Do you have past involvement with this field of business?
- What is your highest level of academic achievement?
- What are you currently studying?
The job is Promoted until
Frequently Asked Questions about this job
1. How does a Youngster and Youth Laborer respond?
Child and youth workers guide, support, and advocate for children and adolescents facing a variety of obstacles, assisting them in acquiring vital life skills and overcoming obstacles.
2. What are a child and youth worker’s primary responsibilities?
- Supporting youthful people in instructive, private, or local area settings.
- Creating and carrying out techniques to address conduct, profound, or social difficulties.
Giving advising, tutoring, and emergency mediation on a case by case basis.
Teaming up with families, social specialists, and different experts to make support plans.
Working with bunch exercises and projects focused on expertise improvement and social joining.
3. What abilities are fundamental for a Kid and Youth Specialist?
Fundamental abilities incorporate compassion, persistence, solid correspondence, compromise, emergency mediation, and the capacity to assemble affinity with youthful people.
4. What skills or experience are necessary for Child and Youth Workers?
Section into this job frequently requires a degree or certificate in Kid and Youth Work, Social Work, Brain science, or a connected field. Experience in youth services or childcare is helpful.
5. What recognizes an outstanding Youngster and Youth Laborer?
Outstanding Kid and Youth Laborers display a certifiable enthusiasm for aiding youthful people, adaptability in their methodology, social responsiveness, and the capacity to establish a protected and confiding in climate.
6. How does a Youngster and Youth Specialist add to the prosperity of kids and teenagers?
Kid and Youth Laborers offer help and direction, engaging youthful people to defeat difficulties, foster strength, and assemble fundamental abilities urgent for their future.
7. What difficulties do Youngster and Youth Laborers commonly confront?
Difficulties might incorporate overseeing troublesome ways of behaving, exploring complex relational peculiarities, tending to injury, and pushing for assets and backing for their clients.
8. What profession open doors exist for Youngster and Youth Laborers?
Youngster and Youth Laborers can progress to administrative jobs, have practical experience in unambiguous populaces or areas of need, or change to related fields like advising or social work.