JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board) Syllabus refers to a comprehensive outline of topics, concepts, and themes that candidates are expected to cover in their preparation for the JAMB examination. JAMB is an entrance examination that is taken by students seeking admission into Nigerian tertiary institutions.
The JAMB syllabus is designed to guide candidates on the specific areas of study they need to focus on in each subject, to enable them to adequately prepare for the examination. It covers a wide range of subjects, including Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Economics, Geography, Government, and Literature-in-English, among others.
You may also like
The JAMB syllabus is updated regularly to reflect changes in the curriculum and to ensure that it is relevant and up-to-date. It is essential for candidates to study the syllabus carefully to understand the scope of the examination, and to identify areas where they need to focus their preparation.
Jamb syllabus for Mathematics
The JAMB Syllabus for Mathematics covers a broad range of topics in Mathematics. Here is an overview of the topics covered in the JAMB Syllabus for Mathematics:
- Number and numeration: This topic includes the properties of numbers, fractions, decimals, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
- Algebra: This topic includes the basic concepts of algebra, equations, formulae, inequalities, polynomials, and functions.
- Geometry: This topic includes Euclidean geometry, coordinate geometry, Mensuration, and trigonometry.
- Calculus: This topic covers the basic concepts of differentiation and integration.
- Statistics: This topic covers the measures of central tendency, measures of dispersion, probability, and hypothesis testing.
- Vectors: This topic includes the definition, properties, and application of vectors in mathematics.
- Probability: This topic covers the basic concepts of probability, probability distributions, and statistical inference.
- Mechanics: This topic includes the fundamental principles of motion, forces, work, energy, and power.
It is important for candidates to study the JAMB Syllabus for Mathematics carefully, to understand the scope of the examination, and to identify areas where they need to focus their preparation.
Jamb Subject Requirements For Mathematics
Mathematics is a core subject for all candidates taking the JAMB examination in Nigeria. This means that every candidate is required to sit for the Mathematics exam, irrespective of their intended course of study. In addition to Mathematics, candidates must choose three other subjects, based on the course they intend to study.
The JAMB Subject Combination for Mathematics are:
- One of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science or Geography.
- One of Economics, History, Commerce, Government or Literature-in-English.
- The fourth subject could be any of the following, depending on the intended course of study: Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Computer Studies, or any other subject.
Candidates should note that some courses may have specific subject requirements, in addition to Mathematics. It is important to check the JAMB brochure or website for the specific subject requirements for the intended course of study, to avoid any issues during admission.
In summary, every candidate taking the JAMB examination is required to sit for Mathematics, and must also choose three other subjects, based on the course they intend to study.